Wednesday, January 30, 2008

no life for grumpy old men.

in a week from now, how would you describe today's weather as being? icy, cold, SLIPPERY, SLIPPY SLIP, windy, FUCKING windy bla bla bla. why am i saying this? ill tell you; those were the elements that i faced at work today. since the terrific street system of montreal is my workplace, these factors made my day somewhat of a challenge. cars were sliding everywhere on the ice covered streets. and, once again, the city managed to take its sweet time putting salt down. the later only added to my anger. as i was driving down des pins avenue towards st-denis, i noticed the traffic light was red so i started slowing down leaving AMPLE stopping distance. after tapping the brakes, my car began to slip and so did my memory as i held onto the brake pedal for way too long which sent me into a very long slide down the street towards a honda civic. an old man was crossing the street at st-denis and saw me sliding down the road. i eventually slid and bumped the curb with finally came to a stop. crisis averted. meanwhile, said old man decides that i am an idiot and starts yelling at me. this, amongst many other things, only heightens my anger for old men, or on a more broad note, old people in general. maybe it is because i dont have any elderly figures in my life that i see on a consistent basis, but i fucking hate old people. but this is no OLD man. this is not like my great-uncle who is 92. this is a fucking baby boomer old man. probably between 65-70, desperate to have some sort of rejuvenation in his life.can anyone think of a more annoying generation of people. FACE THE FACTS: YOURE TURNING INTO THE ELDERLY. YOU GET REDUCED FARE ON THE BUS. YOU GET DISCOUNTS ON EVERYTHING. but who am i kidding, you dont need those discounts, youre a boomer, you used to be some wild child turned corporate business person. you make me sick. i cant stand you. even after pulling up next to said boomer and saying "c'etait la glace," he still decided to yell at me. i really like the way these people think they are still 21 years old and can trash talk anyone who gets in their way. well talk away old man, one day someone is going to lace you in the face.

No comments: